- 1/3 cup of strawberry puree (made by putting some strawberries in your food processor)
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup milk
- 113g salted butter (at room temperature)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg (at room temperature)
- 2 large egg whites (at room temperature)
- Set aside a 12-cup cupcake tray with cupcake liners.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Cream the butter and the sugar together with an electric mixer.
- Add the eggs and egg whites, and mix thoroughly.
- Add half the flour and combine.
- Then add the milk and strawberry puree and combine again.
- Lastly, add the rest of the flour and the baking powder, and mix until smooth.
- Spoon the batter into the cupcake liners, so that they are about three quarters full.
- Bake for about 22 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- 1/4 cup strawberry puree
- 125g butter (at room temperature)
- 4 cups icing sugar, sifted
- Cream the butter until smooth.
- Add two cups of icing sugar and mix well.
- Add half of the puree and mix again.
- Add the last two cups of icing sugar and mix until smooth. (You can add more puree according to your preference.)
- Ice your cupcakes, and enjoy the delicious summery strawberry goodness!